Easy Healthy Breakfast Recipe: Egg White Onion Breakfast Sandwich
Today’s easy healthy breakfast recipe couldn’t be simpler!
It takes less than five minutes to prepare, tastes delicious and is full of protein. Using only egg whites, which allows you to keep the flavor and bypass the cholesterol, and few more ingredients, you can whip up a scrumptious yet easy and healthy breakfast sandwich in no time. It’s perfect for busy mornings, as well as an eat clean diet.
We hope you enjoy the recipe, and try it out!
- 2 large cage-free eggs
- 1/4 cup of diced onions
- 1/2 tbsp of real salted butter
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 pinch of freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- 2 pieces of whole wheat bread (or quinoa bread if you eat gluten-free)
- Crack eggs in a large bowl, and remove yolk with a spoon.
- Add onions, sea salt and pepper, and whisk well.
- Over stove top, heat frying pan on high. Add butter.
- When butter melts, pour in egg white mix, and cook one side on high for about 1/2 minute.
- Flip eggs with a spatula, and cook the other side.
- Reduce heat to med-high, and cook both sides for another minute, flipping often.
- When eggs are fully cooked, turn off stove and transfer onto one piece of bread.
- Enclose sandwich with the other piece of bread.